If you are not playing golf, fly fishing is a good substitute
This pisses me off… where should I start:
- Wastes water for pointless irrigation (that could flow through rivers)
- Takes place in a very artificial environment that has technically nothing to do with real nature
- Is a way of reconnecting with nature and usually takes place in stunning scenery.
- Helps preserve rivers and fisheries with the fees for fishing licenses.
- You can’t take a golf cart to a remote stretch of river.
- Takes not just skill but experience and knowledge of bugs, fish, weather, streams, currents and so on…
Calling this magnificent sport a “substitute” for something like golf feels like a slap in the face of every true fisherman that is in it for more then just catching fish.
How about you play put put golf and stop using precious water?